Thursday, May 8, 2014

Back!

Hello! I've been busy the past few weeks with my trip to Las Vegas and lots of homework/essay writing/school stuff to finish so I haven't had that much time to paint sadly but now that is behind me and I should be painting and doing Warhammery things again!

I've not finished basecoating my team yet, but I'm nearly there! All that's left are masks and beards for the dwarfs, some trimming and hat coloring on the bull centaurs and the pants/gloves of the hobgoblins as well as the 6th Chaos Dwarf player who I've just started on.

 I don't have a photo of the team yet. I'm waiting until I've finished the full base coat on them for that, but here's a good example of how the majority of the team looks so far.
Hey!! Pass me the ball! I'm open!

I was lucky enough to get the old 80's citadel paint sets including the inks recently and I've been super excited to use them. Most of the paints are still good. Some are a little bit dry and a few have become very jiggly, but the majority of them are still good to go as they are which is impressive considering these paints are about 30 years old.

I really love the artwork on the boxes. They just don't make them like this anymore!

The inks are still good as new. Wet and inky, ready to go. 
One for all the basic colors!

I did a test with the green ink just to see how they'd work. I took an old blood bowl Troll I'd painted knarloc green and did a quick ink wash over the top.

Whurz da beef?


 I was really impressed with how smoothly it went over the model and I'm quite pleased with the look of it after it dried. I think it won't be too long 'til this guy is ready to throw some goblins across the field.

Excellent!

Comparison shot of the two trolls of the goblin team Wyld Stallyns. Bill on the left, painted in knarloc green with no ink wash, Ted on the right same base with ink wash.

I hope to get my chaos dwarfs base coated soon as I'm getting a little bit tired of working on them and I'm ready to try something else for a bit. My 3rd blood bowl match shouldn't be too far away and I'd like to get them ready for that as well.

I'm also going to start on my dwarf adventurers unit to begin my dwarf army soon and I'm thinking I'll just use the old paints for that to try and give it an authentic 80's look and to really see how well they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment